Friday, April 15, 2011

"Why Are We Should-ing All Over Ourselves?"

I'm at a point in my life where this quote, from Sex and the City's Carrie Bradshaw, makes perfect sense.

"I wondered if should was another disease plagueing women.
Did we want babies and perfect honeymoons, or did we think we should have babies and perfect honeymoons? How do we separate what we could do and what we should do?
And here's an alarming thought: It's not just peer pressure, it seems to be coming from within.
Why are we should-ing all over ourselves?"

I won't get into too much here on my blog, but not every woman has the same dreams and fantasies. We didn't all dream of a white picket fence, babies, marriage and a mortgage. I certainly didn't. Yet I always seem to feel like I should have. I should want those things. And I always seem to feel bad about myself that I don't. I feel like something is missing and I always wonder if it's because I should want certain things...even when I truly don't.

It's something I've been thinking about lately. Alot.

No comments:

Post a Comment